Is Capital Goods A Good Career Path?
Yes, capital goods is a good career path that you should choose. Although the recent state of the economy determines a lot in this section as it is in other sectors. Many statistical firms carried out research to know if this is really a good career job. But according to statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are over 1.3 million jobs available in this sector.
The best part is that the salary is very attractive but varies which depends on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, and the number of years you have spent in your profession.
Although the good news is that the average salary in this sector ranges from $70,000 – $100,000 annually. isn’t it attractive? In our previous career review, we discussed whether public Utilities are a good career job. So, continue to read below to see the best answers to this question.
What is Capital Goods?
I know this question above is running through your mind. But we will take our time to explain everything to you here. The capital goods jobs are the jobs in the industrial sector.
You have to know that the capital goods sector is an important part of the economy. Because it provides the tools and resources needed for businesses to operate in any working economy.
This sector includes companies that manufacture machinery used to create capital goods, electrical equipment, aerospace and defense, engineering, and construction projects.
Top Jobs in the Capital Goods Sector
If you can remember at the beginning of this article, we said that this sector has over 1.3 million vacancies. This simply meant that for you to get a job in this sector won’t be hard but you have been qualified. Below is the list of the sectors you can look for capital goods jobs;
- Marketing Manager
- Quality Control Manager
- Manufacturing Technician
- Sales Engineer
- Research and Development Technician
- Research Specialist
- Industrial Designer
- Software Developer
- Business Development Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Engineering Manager
Why Capital Goods a Good Career Path?
Personal Growth: Getting a job is one thing but that job allowing you or giving you personal growth is another thing. With a career in capital goods, personal growth is assured.
Job Security: Jobs that are not secured are not always good career jobs. But these jobs have good security that, you can work without the fear of getting a sack letter when you did nothing wrong.
How to Become a Capital Goods Professional?
Firstly, you have to ask yourself if you have interests, skills, and goals for this career. Then, also know if you are interested in working with heavy machines and other equipment. If your answers to these are yes, then you have a career in the capital goods sector.
Secondly, you need to get a degree and also get certifications on this, this will help you to choose from a wide range of jobs in capital goods sectors.
Capital goods jobs are everywhere and like we said above, Captial Goods is a very good career path for you if you are interested.
Top Capital Goods Company
- Manufacturing, materials science, and data analytics.
- Honeywell International: is an American publicly traded, multinational conglomerate corporation headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. It primarily operates in four areas of business: aerospace, building technologies, performance materials and technologies, and safety and productivity solutions.
- United Rentals Inc.: United Rentals is the largest equipment rental company in the world, with a store network nearly three times the size of any other provider and locations in 49 states and ten Canadian provinces.
- Boeing: It is an American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells airplanes, rotorcraft, rockets, satellites, telecommunications equipment, and missiles worldwide.
- Union Pacific: The company engages in shipping food, forest products, automobiles, agricultural products, coal, and chemicals – safely and on time
- General Electric: GE has long been a leader in Power, Renewable Energy, Aviation, and Healthcare. Today, GE also leads in delivering solutions across Additive
- Caterpillar Inc: is an American Fortune 100 corporation that designs, develops, engineers, manufactures, markets, and sells machinery, engines, financial products, and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network.
- Northrop Grumman: is an American multinational aerospace and defense technology company
- 3M: is an American multinational conglomerate corporation operating in the fields of industry, worker safety, U.S. health care, and consumer goods
- Ford Motor Company is an American multinational automobile manufacturer headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan, United States. The company sells automobiles and commercial vehicles under the Ford brand and luxury cars under its Lincoln luxury brand
- Tesla: Tesla designs and manufactures electric vehicles, battery energy storage from home to grid-scale, solar panels and solar roof tiles, and related products and services