NSFAS Application 2023 | NSFAS Portal Login is Open for 2023 Applications
NSFAS online application is open at www.nsfas.org.za. So, apply for a National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) bursary for the 2023/2024 academic year. Are you a post-secondary student and do you need financial aid for your post-secondary studies? Then, this money aid is for you and you should carefully read this article.
So, the NSFAS application 2023 began on September 28, 2022, and will end on January 31, 2023. Therefore, if you wish to apply for NSFAS 2023 should apply online at www.nsfas.org.za, visit the NSFAS website on or before the deadline and submit your application today.
Poor university students in South Africa are eligible for financial aid under the government’s National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), which helps them cover the cost of their higher education once they complete high school.
You must be asking where the funds for this program come from. Well, the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) provides the funds. So, apply for NSFAS online application here by filling out the application form when you visit the official portal website.
NSFAS Application Requirements for 2023/2024
Before you apply for NSFAS 2023 online, you must meet the requirements listed below, before filling out NSFAS Bursary 2023 registration form;
- The NSFAS bursary is open to all South African citizens planning to study in 2023 or currently studying at a public university or TVET college.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient
- If your combined household income is not more than R350 000 per year
- If you are a person with a disability and with a combined household income of not more than R600 000 per year
- If you are a student who started University studies before 2018 and your household income is not more than R122 000 per year.
How do I apply for NSFAS online 2023?
Simply follow the steps below to apply for NSFAS online application 2023
- Go to the NSFAS Portal login at www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- Create your myNSFAS account when the page opens
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the questions you see on the screen
- Then, check to update all your details
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Click on “Submit” to send your application for evaluation.
Read Also: Federal Government Bursary Award
You will need the following to complete your NSFAS application:
- Your cellphone number and email address
- Copy of your ID or birth certificate
- ID copies of parents, guardian, or spouse (If applicable)
- Your proof of income or 1 year’s IRP5 (if applicable)
- Your parents, guardian, or spouse’s proof of income
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, no proof of income will be required
- Applicants with a disability must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form, click here to download
- An applicant who is recognized as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form, click here to download.
Once your NSFAS 2023 application has been approved, your coverage will begin and continue until the end of your program. You must continue to meet academic standards if you want to receive the NSFAS funding scholarship.
Is NSFAS Open for 2023 applications?
Yes, the NSFAS opening date began receiving online applications on September 28, 2022. This date was according to information from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme.
When is the NSFAS Application Closing Date for 2023?
National Student Financial Aid Scheme officially closing on the 31st of January, 2023. So, we advise you to try to submit your required information on NSFAS Portal login on or before the official closing date.
NSFAS CONTACT DETAILS:
Do you have any questions? get to NSFAS Via the Virtual Contact Centre
- NSFAS Connect: www.nsfas.org.za and log into your myNSFAS account
- Facebook: National Student Financial Aid Scheme
- Twitter page: @myNSFAS
- Instagram: @myNSFAS
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme online application form for 2023 is out, simply follow the steps above to apply for NSFAS 2023 registration. Use the comment box below for your questions.