Apply Here for World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2023
The World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2023 application form portal is now open. All interested candidates are advised to apply for World Bank Group Africa Fellowship. Therefore, to apply for the World Bank Group Fellowship Program, then read the scholarship or fellowship article and follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for this program.
About the WBG Africa Fellowship Program
- The program targets young talented African nationals who have recently completed their Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work.
- The fellowship program has been very successful since its inception, building a solid pipeline of young African talent interested in a career in development, in international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia.
- The program offers selected fellows a six-month assignment at WBG offices in Washington D.C. or country offices to gain hands-on experience in WBG operations. This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, the design of global and country policies, and building institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries.
- While benefitting from research and innovation in multiple sectors, fellows will also work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the World Bank’s goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
- The Africa regions of the World Bank Group (WBG) announce the opening of the application period for the 2023 WBG Africa Fellowship Program for Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D. graduates who are Sub-Saharan Africa nationals. Women can also apply.
- Through the fellowship, we aim to build the capacity of the next generation of African change makers in development research, and policymaking and promote the goals of reducing poverty in the region.
- Applicants must be Ph.D. candidates or recent graduates (within three years of Ph.D. completion) from Sub-Saharan Africa. See full eligibility criteria below.
Who is Eligibility for World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program
- Be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing application period.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
If accepted, you will:
- Spend six months getting hands-on experience at WBG headquarters in Washington D.C. or a country office.
- Work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the WBG’s goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
How to Apply for World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2023
All Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th August 2022.
- A shortlist of candidates will be made available for hire to the different units of the WBG depending on the applicants’ specialization.
- A notification will be sent to applicants regarding the status of their application or whether or not they have been shortlisted.
- The final list of fellows will be made available in consultation with the various units of the WBG. All shortlisted candidates will receive information about their selection status when the selection is complete. Selected candidates will then be notified and, upon acceptance, be hired as short-term consultants for six months starting January 2023.
- Fellows are eligible to receive consultant fees and round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C., or a WBG country office from their university or institution
World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2023 is open, so if you have any questions, kindly use the comment box below.